My dad loved a list he would always say sit down and list the pros and cons.
And then generally, like most men, procrastinate for a few hours and let my mum decide for him lol.
I, over the years, have passed this onto the girls. I love their leave home lists the best!
The pros for staying seem to always out way the cons so far 😉…… financially anyway!
It was all about the FILOFAX in 1988
This was my only reason for owning one when I was 18 to write lists!
I certainly didn’t need the maps of the world (having only been to Benidorm)and I knew the important phone numbers in my head so god knows why I carried this giant leather book about.
It made me look important on the underground before mobiles lol
I remember as clear as day, making a list for my friend at college as she was unsure as to whether she should stay with her long term boyfriend James or go out with a boy she fancied at college.
I found her list in my Filofax aptly named
Reasons to KEEP long term boyfriend
- HE HAD A RED ESCORT XR3i 👍
- HE GAVE HER A LIFT TO AND FROM THE STATION EVERY DAY👍
- HE KNOWS SOMEONE THAT CAN DEFINITELY GET HER CENTRE COURT TICKETS FOR WIMBLEDON👍 – (this made me laugh on reading this back as this was a serious list!)
- HE LIKES WATCHING CRICKET WITH HER GRANDAD👍
- HE WAS STILL PAYING OFF HER BIRTHDAY PRESENT ON HER MUMS FREEMANS CATALOGUE.
Reasons to DUMP long term boyfriend
- HE HAD BAD BREATH AND A WHITE TONGUE 👎 – Nasty!
- BIG UGLY SMELLY FEET 👎
- HE LIKES TO DANCE BUT CANT 👎
- SHE SAW HIM PUSH HER CAT OFF HER BED!👎 – Villain!
- HE WENT OUT WITH A PAGE THREE GIRL (BEFORE SHE WAS FAMOUS) AND DIDN’T SHUT UP ABOUT IT NOR DID HIS FAMILY👎 – Very annoying!
We all decided, based on this list, that it would most definitely be in her best interest to stay with James until after Wimbledon, well really until she had passed her driving test which, incidentally, needed to be before her sisters wedding in the December so that everyone didn’t have to witness his naff dancing and big feet!
We then got close enough to check out if the boy she fancied needed mints, liked cats and cricket and most important of all, had he had any previous page 3 girlfriends with big bouncy boobs!
PRO’S FOR TAKING THE JOB IN LONDON
- Finally get a wage after earning peanuts for two years
- I would miss the work and the people (Jimbo😢)
- I would miss the social life and the shopping
- Weekends off.
- Having the security of a set wage and paid holidays
- Would me and Matt cope with working together ?!?
PRO’S FOR LEAVING THE CITY LIGHTS
- No more hours wasted – sat in traffic
- No more living like a vampire, leaving for work in the dark, working in a basement and then traveling home in the dark
- If Matt was going to continue with the clothes parties, he would be working evenings and weekends so I would never see him.
- The thought of buying and selling clothes excited me SO much more than graphic design.
So after a bit of deliberation and a few sleepless nights I told my mum and dad I wanted to make ago of ‘Off The Rails’ with Matt.
Both their opinions really mattered to me , I had nothing but the upmost respect for them. I wanted to make them proud.
They knew me better than anyone and they knew I wouldn’t let them down I would work as hard as I needed too, they also knew what a stubborn, determined cow I was!
Before leaving, I designed our first business cards and then with nothing but pure excitement we started this new chapter together.
I truly couldn’t stop grinning!
My dad took this picture in the middle of them fitting a new kitchen.
We toasted the first day as ‘Off The Rails’ having just been excepted onto the Enterprise Allowance Scheme which was government funded and gave us £40.00 a week for a year which really helped.
TO BE CONTINUED ……………
THIS WEEKS FAV
STORE £70 !!!! OUR PRICE £25 £25 £25 £25 !!!!!
SIZE 8 -18
🖤 Its lovely girls, fully lined it truly needs to be on your hit list🖤
Have a great week
Please leave me any messages below
xxxxx J a n e H u m e xxxxx